Here are just a couple more shots of Rosalie's gorgeous hair. I'm so happy I discovered the book Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey because I would have never figured out how to treat her hair properly on my own!
An interesting side-effect of my research into curly hair was my realization that my hair truly is wavy, and needs to be treated differently than straight hair just like Rosalie's. I have brushed and blow-dried my hair every day since middle school, always lamenting that I couldn't let it air-dry for fear it would flip out in strange and unattractive ways. I guess that was my hair trying to tell me something! I've now stopped using my hair brush entirely, and am experimenting with different products and techniques for bringing out its natural wave. I think it's looking better already!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Posted by
Alexa
at
11:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


"That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed but that our power to do has increased." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you've collected a lot of empty yesterdays." Harold Hill
4 comments:
No wonder Rosalie is such a beauty - look at her beautiful Mom!
Woah...! You look great! I like your new look.
I read "Curly Girl" when we were there visiting and I learned tons of things about the subject. I was amazed at things like "regular shampoo is way too harsh for curly hair". Alexa and I learned even more things about curly hair when we took Rosalie in for her first haircut. The one thing I've always known is that I have a beautiful daughter who gave birth to two beautiful children! I love them all (including her handsome hubby) so very much!!
Hmm, I think that I should check out that book! I have always said that my hair is just annoyingly wavy maybe I just don't know what to do!
And Rosalie's hair is too cute, you are doing a great job with it!
Post a Comment